I’m back on the mainland after a six-day holiday in Kauai, Hawaii, with C.J.’s brother. It was so nice to spend time one-on-one with my oldest son. My hubby also liked having alone time to bond with C.J. Mental note: If it’s so good for the family, I’ll have to vacay in exotic locales more often.
A trip to the ABC Store proved fruitful as always. We arrived home bearing gifts: chocolate covered macadamia nuts, Kona coffee, key chains, necklaces with shark teeth and a hula dancer costume for our dress-up collection.
The grass skirt, lei and top have required I add a few lines to the list of Things I Never Thought I’d Say To My Son:
• Daddy can’t have another hula lesson right now, he’s grilling dinner.
• No, I don’t have any boobies to give you to put in the bikini top.
• You can’t wear the grass skirt in the pool or it will get ruined.
• Yes, you look like a real hula girl.
• I’m sorry but your brother is right, your skirt does stink.