The audiobook version of Raising My Rainbow was released by Audible today. Yay!
Want a free copy? Cool, read on to learn how to enter to win.
1. My stomach growls. A lot. Loudly. Even when I’m not hungry. And, that’s not conducive to the recording process. Also, the more I think about my stomach growling, the more it growls. There might be a monster living in there.
2. Talking for six to eight hours a day over the course of multiple days will make your head hurt worse than your throat. Go figure.
3. I pronounce several words incorrectly and use those words quite often when I write. So, I had to sit and say those words over and over again until my producer got a version that was suitable for use. No, I will not tell you what those words are.
4. I was fighting off a cold and the sweet baristas at the nearby Starbucks introduced me to a drink called The Medicine Ball. I dedicate the audiobook to them (and Matt and the boys and my brother and you).
5. The “corporate headquarters” of Gretchen Christine, the company founded by Real Housewife of Orange County Gretchen Rossi are next door to the studio where I recorded. I never saw Gretchen or Slade, try as I might.
To enter to win a copy of the Raising My Rainbow audiobook, leave a comment below telling me one thing you learned from my blog and/or book. A winner will be announced this Friday.
And, everybody, if you are on Audible, you should totally consider writing a review for the audiobook. Also, you do not need to have an Audible.com membership in order to buy the audiobook.